09 October 2010

Black Library Goes Digital, and My Discovery of Dropbox

Yesterday, the 8th of October, The Black Library opened its digital book doors: http://www.blacklibrary.com/Digital. The first free installment is "First and Only" by Dan Abnett. I suggest downloading your copy before they put a price tag on it.
I'm glad they're going digital. EBooks are the future, with the ability to have more books, but take up less physical space, people can purchase dozens, if not hundreds of books and read them digital comfort. Sure, a good paperback novel is nice, but waiting them to be shipped to me is a pain. Digital books allow me to read what I want in seconds once downloaded. It's been a lifesaver over here. So go and check it out, and look forward to more from the Black Library's new digital library.

Also, a friend of mine just introduced me to Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com/). You sign up and download the applet, and then you can move folders into your Dropbox and either access your dropbox online, or, if you've downloaded the Dropbox applet to other computers/mobile devices, just draw the files from there. Your Dropbox syncs across multiple media and the website, but acts as a normal file on your computer. It's pretty darn cool, if you ask me. I've been sharing story ideas (and the writing continues!) with said friend as we collaborate on a project he is working on. The details of this project are classified Uber Top Secret...so no soup for you.
Perhaps I will post a link to my public Dropbox folder of some tentative fiction in the near future...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment