02 February 2011

My New Wacom Cintiq 12WX

Today I received my new Wacom Cintiq 12WX. It was a breeze to assemble and install. All of maybe 15 minutes.
Here it is as I begin to set everything up. This is pre-software-installation.


And here it is with all the software, including Corel Painter, installed.


Here I am, diligently trying to learn the new system. Note: It does take some getting used to. But once used to it, it is an excellent way to go about drawing.


And here is my first drawing with my Wacom Tablet :)


This is a profile picture of Amelia, a character from the book I am writing. Again, I was just getting used to the tablet, so it's not Da Vinci quality.
Here is a picture I drew from this photo: http://kayleigh.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2vmx6y.


Again, still working on getting used to it.

The Wacom Cintiq 12WX is $999.00 on the Wacom website (http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/cintiq-12wx.php). But I purchased mine on Amazon for the amazingly low price of $940.00 (http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Cintiq-12WX-12-Inch-Display/dp/B00115OFJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296696953&sr=8-1). Though I think they were having a sale, as now it's $970.00. But still cheaper than the Wacom website. The Wacom website also has this weird thing where it tries to charge your account even if you did not make a purchase...it doesn't go through, but it WILL hold up funds/credit card accounts until it disappears.

Hope you enjoyed this little piece :). If you get one I wish you the best! The Wacom Cintiq 12WX is a great tool.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment