06 April 2011

39,000 Words and Growing

It's been a while since I've updated, so I thought I'd give you all a small blog posting today just to let you know that I'm alive and still writing.

The book, tentatively titled In Darkness Forged has reached over 39,000 words and is still growing. By the time the book is finished it should be somewhere around 80-85,000 words. This could increase as I continue to write, but 80,000 words is the goal. I'm also muddling around with titles. While In Darkness Forged is very ominous and could draw a lot of attention, I'm not sure it's the title I want for this book. The Sternvolker is the other title I'm throwing around. This one is a bit more descriptive since the main character, Peter Drexel, is Sternvolk (or Star Folk; the proper German for that would be Sternvolker, the -er denoting the masculine).

With the massive amount of work I've completed on the story the 01 June 2011 publishing date should be easy to reach. In fact, if I get everything done sooner, I may push the publishing date to an earlier time. But we'll see how things play out.

I should also have a cover image shortly. I have contacted to artists about completing the cover for my book. Once one of them gets back to me I will update you regularly on their progress.

And don't forget to check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Renegade-Data-Core/106951916051355?sk=wall. 'Like' Renegade Data Core and spread the word through the social network.

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment